New Products Just Arrived
Schaeffer's 9003D Supreme 9000™ Full Synthetic Engine Oil 5W-40
Supreme 9000 SAE 5W-40 is a full synthetic premium quality heavy-duty engine oil specially formulated to
extend engine life, while providing for extended drain capability and improved fuel economy benefits.
Supreme 9000 SAE 5W-40 exceeds the current requirements for API CJ-4 and is particularly suitable for use
in 2007 emission complaint engines that utilize heavy EGR and exhaust after-treatment devices such as
diesel particulate filters (DPFs) with or without diesel oxidation catalysts (DOCs). Supreme 9000 SAE 5W-40
can also be used in low- emission certified diesel engines that are equipped with EGR, older non-EGR
containing diesel engines, off-highway diesel engines that are powered by either high, low or ultra low sulfur
diesel fuels, high performance gasoline engines and mixed fleet applications.
Supreme 9000 SAE 5W-40 is blended from a unique combination of select synthetic base fluids to provide the
1. Superior cold cranking and oil pumpability at low temperatures.
2. Exceptional oxidative and thermal stability especially at high engine operating temperatures.
3. Exceptional low volatility characteristics to control oil consumption.
4. A high viscosity index.
5. Improved fuel economy benefits.
6. Extended oil drain capability and intervals.
Today’s low emission diesel engines generate higher amounts of soot and operate at higher operating
temperatures than older diesel engines. In addition current tighter engine designs reduce oil consumption,
resulting in less fresh oil make-up to replenish additives. The top piston rings are located higher bringing the
oil film closer to the combustion chamber, thus exposing the engine oil to severe thermal stresses. All of these
factors in addition to the use of heavy EGR and exhaust after-treatment devices such as diesel particulate
filters (DPFs) with or without diesel oxidation catalysts (DOCs) require the need for the engine oil to contain
an advanced additive system that will enhance the engine oil’s ability to protect against soot overloading, high
temperature deposit formation, while providing TBN retention and extended drain capabilities.
Blended into Supreme 9000’s synthetic base stocks is a balanced proprietary heavy-duty diesel additive
technology and a highly shear stable viscosity index improver which provide the following performance
1. Excellent wear and deposit control protection.
2. Superior thermal and oxidative stability.
3. Superior soot busting capabilities to prevent soot build-up and agglomeration.
4. Exceptional thermal stability, for outstanding performance at high engine operating
5. Excellent TBN retention and reserve for effective acid neutralization throughout the entire oil
6. Excellent protection against acidic corrosion of vital components.
7. Excellent soot dispersancy for protection against soot overloading, increases in viscosity due
to soot thickening and soot abrasive wear.
8. Enhanced detergency to provide high temperature piston cleanliness, protection against bore
polishing and scuffing and increased engine cleanliness.
9. Excellent protection against low temperature sludge build-up and high temperature deposits.
10. Reduced high temperature carbon build-up – both in single and two-piece pistons.
11. Exceptional ring and liner wear protection that results in improved oil consumption control.
Continued on Next Page
TD9000 (Rev 01/2016)
12. Excellent shear stability for stay-in-grade performance throughout the entire oil drain interval.
13. Excellent cold weather start-ability and pumpability for better cold temperature starts.
14. Excellent anti-foaming properties to protect against aeration and foaming.
15. Superior low volatility characteristics to control oil consumption.
16. Longer filter life especially at high soot levels for better engine protection.
17. Excellent high temperature/high shear performance to provide excellent oil film thickness and
engine protection at high operating temperatures and shear rates.
18. Exceptional valve-train wear protection especially during high soot conditions.
19. Excellent resistance to corrosion and corrosive and abrasive wear
20. Excellent gasket and seal life.
21. Prolonged after-treatment (dpf and doc) life.
22. Improved fuel economy and longer drain intervals for lower overall maintenance costs.
23. Increased engine life, improved engine durability and reliability for reduced maintenance
costs due to downtime.
Supreme 9000 SAE 5W-40 also contains two proven frictional modifiers, Micron Moly®, a liquid soluble type
of Moly and Schaeffer Mfg’s own proprietary additive Penetro . Once plated, these frictional modifiers form a
long lasting, slippery, tenacious lubricant film, which prevents metal-to-metal contact and damaging frictional
wear which results in:
* Increased Fuel Economy.
* A Low Coefficient of Friction.
* Significantly Less Bearing, Ring, Piston, Cylinder and Valve-Train Wear.
* Increased Engine Efficiency, Durabilty and Life.
* Less Downtime and Reduced Maintenance