ATS Diesel 4R100 Stage 5 Package, 1999-2003 4wd
1999 - Early 2003 Ford Superduty 4WD Stage 5 Auto Trans Package.
- - ATS Built 4R100 Auto Trans
- - ATS 5 Star Viskus Clutch Drive Torque Converter
- - ATS Extra Deep Transmission Pan
- - ATS Billet Input Shaft
- - ATS CoPilot Torque Converter Lock-Up Controller
- - ATS Billet Flex Plate
- - ATS Billet Intermediate Shaft
The factory Ford 4R100 suffers from weak points in the converter, clutch pack assemblies, valve body and line pressure limitations. These weaknesses arise when the motor's power is increased or in towing applications. ATS addressed these concerns by re-designing the torque converter, transmission pump, valve body and clutch packs. The result is a solid transmission setup to meet the demands of your Ford Super Duty.
The ATS Stage 5 4R100 features:
- ATS Five Star Torque Converter featuring a billet cover, five lock-up clutches, billet stator and a furnace-brazed impeller
- ATS Billet Input Shaft
- ATS Co-Pilot Transmission Lock-up Controller
- ATS Billet Flex Plate
- ATS Billet Intermediate Shaft
- Modified transmission pump for increased line pressure
- High performance clutch packs with more clutches than stock
- Re-designed accumulator pistons for a precise shift feel
- ATS Deep Transmission Pan that adds 5 quarts of fluid, featuring a finned design, magnetic drain plug and is tapped for a temperature probe
By increasing the line pressure, clutch pack surface area and modifying the valve body, the 4R100 becomes a consistent, responsive and dependable transmission. The Stage 5 includes a billet 300M input shaft. As power increases over 400hp, or considerable weight will be towed, the input shaft takes the brunt of it. The ATS input shaft is designed to withstand extreme torque, converter lock-up sooner than stock, and competition and towing use.
The Stage 5 package includes a Co-Pilot Transmission Lock-up Controller. This controller allows the user to lock the converter based on vehicle speed. The result is more power to the ground at a lower speed, thus improving acceleration, lowering transmission temperatures and helping fuel economy. The Co-Pilot will also synchronize torque converter lock-up with an exhaust brake, for added braking force.
This package is also equipped with a billet flex plate. The flex plate becomes important in high horsepower/torque applications, during competition use, or when towing heavy loads. By increasing the reliability of the flex plate, we can ensure a solid transfer of power from the motor to the transmission.
For competition and extreme towing, we add a billet intermediate shaft to the Stage 5 package. By absorbing and transferring extreme power and load, the billet shaft can increase reliability in the 4R100 platform. The ATS Stage 5 4R100 is designed for trucks that see daily driving and extreme towing duties, aggressive tuning, competition use and a modified turbo and/or injectors.
ATS transmissions are backed by a 5 year / 500,000 mile warranty ' regardless of power level or use. Contact ATS to learn more about building a 4R100 for your Super Duty!